Hello Beautiful Ladies…!!!
Many of you have been asking for a hair care regime, remedies for premature greying of hair, hair fall, split ends, tips for long and lustrous hair.
I had dealt with hair fall problem couple of years back. I’ll share my experience of how my hair fall has stopped and how I follow a strict regime.
Reasons for Hair fall:
- Lack of protein
- Physical & Mental stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Loss of immunity
- Drastic weight loss
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Over styling
Now, you have to give time for yourself and your hair. There is one Oil which has worked amazing for me i.e. JOJOBA OIL. This was recommended for me by one of my best friend who was also dealing with hair fall. And it worked for both of us so, I am sure it would work for you guys as well. ARGON OIL also works wonders for your hair and helps repairing dull, damaged, dry hair and split ends. CASTOR OIL helps in thickening the hair strands.
Jojoba oil helps in bringing life back to your hair strands and repair the scalp and hair follicle to regenerate healthy hair. It contains vitamin B and E that help in conditioning and hydrating your hair.
Nyassa cold pressed jojoba oil
Argon oil is also referred as Miracle oil or Liquid Gold. It is an intensive repair treatment which helps in improving elasticity of dry, brittle, frizzy hair and also repair damaged tresses, split ends and further breakage of hair.
Moroccan oil – The Original
Castor oil thickens hair, reduces frizz, prevents thinning, and scalp infections. It is very thick in consistency so it has to be mixed with other oils. The ratio depends on the consistency u wish to have for your oil, the oil is very greasy so it takes time to wash off all the oil. If it’s not washed completely it weighs down your hair. So, be patient while washing it off.
Aloe Veda Cold pressed Castor oil
LONG HAIR TIPS:
- Apply oil to your hair and massgae your hair for good 10 mins by using inversion method. That is put all your hair down and bend forward and then massage your hair. This helps in circulation of blood inversely and promotes more hair growth.
- You can take Biotin tablets but use tablets prescribed by your dermatologist.
- Argon oil and jojoba oil helps in boosting hair growth
- Green tea help boosting metabolism, and this helps in hair growth.
Kerastase elixir elixir ultime oleo complex beautifying oil masque( for deep conditioning for dry , damaged hair) RANK #1
Rs:2800 ( envi salon Hyderabad)
Loreal Mythic oil mask( deep conditioning, nourishing for dry , damaged hair) RANK #2
Rs: 775 (amazon)
Wella enrich moisturising treatment mask( for frizzy, damaged, dry, dull, split ends hair) RANK#3
HOME MADE HAIR MASKS:
These masks work for dry, damaged, splits, dull, hairfall and dandruff. Apply these hair masks for 30 minutes and start applying mask from lower secion towards upper section.
- Avocado and olive oil mask: take out avocado pulp, mash it and add 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Egg Mask: Add 1 egg, 1 medium size banana(avoid for oily hair), 3-4 tbsp Milk, 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp honey.
- Aloe vera Mask: Add 3-4 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 egg.
- Honey mask: Add 2 tbsp honey, 4-5 tbsp yogurt, 3-4 drops jojoba oil, 1 medium sized lemon. This works best for dandruff.
- Coconut milk mask: Cut fresh coconut into medium pieces and grind it into a paste, take a cotton cloth, pour this paste and squeeze out all the milk and apply the milk to your hair.
PRE-MATURE HAIR GREYING:
- Eat Indian gooseberries(Amla), if you can not eat it directly you can dip it in raw honey and eat it.
- Boil dried gooseberries in coconut oil and apply to your scalp and entire hair.
- Boil curry leaves in coconut oil on a double boiler and apply to your hair regularly. add curry leaves in your diet as well.
- Add tea leaves and 1 tbsp salt to boiling water and boil for 5-8 minutes and massage your scalp for 5-10 mins and let the liquid soak on your scalp for 30 mins and then wash your hair.
SHAMPOOS & CONDITIONERS:
Use mild sulphates, silicones and parabens free shampoos and conditioner. These chemical strip the hair and make your hair brittle and dry.
Organix hydrating Macadamia oil shampoo ( for dry, damaged, split ends, frizzy hair) REPAIR SHAMPOO RANK#2
Sebamed Everday shampoo (mild pH 5.5 shampoo) EVERYDAY SHAMPOO RANK#1
Nizorol Anti-Dandruff shampoo RANK#1
Rs: 110 (ebay)
Sebamed Anti-Dandruff shampoo ( all hair types for dandruff) RANK#2
Rs: 630 (Amazon.in and Nykaa.com)
Sebamed Anti-Hairloss shampoo (for all hair types helps in anti hair fall) ANTI-HAIRFALL SHAMPOO#1
Rs: 630 ( Amazon.in)
Schwarzkopf Professional BonaCure Hair Growth Shampoo ( anti-hair fall and hair re-growth all hair types) ANTI-HAIRFALL SHAMPOO RANK#2
Rs: 600 ( Amazon.in)
Moroccan oil Moisture repair shampoo and conditioner ( All hair types for dry, damaged, frizzy, split ends) REPAIR SHAMPOO RANK#1
Rs: 2790 together ( amazon.in)
The body shop Rain forest shine shampoo and conditioner ( moisture shampoo and mild for all hair types) EVERYDAY SHAMPOO RANK#2
Rs: 636 each (nykaa.com or purplle.com)
The body shop ginger anti dandruff shampoo( all hair types) ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO RANK#3
Rs: 795 (amazon or flipkart)
Herbal essences Lavender conditioner ( all hair types for frizz free soft hair)
Sunsilk natural recharge conditioner ( for soft , frizz free hair)
Rs: 158 ( amazon.in)
Patanjali aloe vera gel ( for de-frizz)
Rs:80 (amazon or patanjali stores)
Kerastase elixir ultime oleo complexe( adds shine after heating tools and controls frizz: use 2-3 drops)
Rs: 2300 ( kerastase official site or envi salon hyderabad)
*do not apply to scalp
Matrix Biolage deep smoothening serum(adds shine after heating tools and controls frizz: use 2-3 drops)
*do not apply to scalp
You can use any of these three, all are equally ranked.
Toni&Guy Heat protectant( spray evenly before ironing your hair )
Tresemme Heat Protectant(spray evenly before ironing your hair )
Rs: 750 (amazon)
Loreal professional Techniart heat protectant(spray evenly before ironing your hair )
(Product currently Out of stock)
*Do not spray directly on scalp
- If shampoo doesn’t lather do not panic, that means its sulphates free shampoo and its good for your hair.
- Shampoos which do not lather also cleans up your hair
- If you have dandruff because of acne or vice-versa please consult doctor **
- Oil your hair at least 2-3 times per week***
- You must use a conditioner every time after you shampoo your hair.*
- Do not apply conditioners to your scalp*
- Take small amount of conditioner or else it will weigh down your hair
- Use hair serums to detangle your hair if your hair is curly and frizzy/unmanageable.
- If your ends are too dry and frizzy apply conditioner first from mid length towards down, do not wash off your conditioner and then apply shampoo.**
- Do not use harsh shampoos*
- Use homemade masks/hair conditioning masks at least 1-2 times per week
- Use heat protectants definitely before you use any heating tools.*
- Detangle your hair before using any styling techniques
- Do not try to detangle wet hair.
- Air drying your hair is the best method to avoid hair damage rather than towel drying or blow drying.
- Do not set heating tools on maximum temperature.
- If you have gone through any hair treatments like hair re-bonding, keratin treatment, smoothening, perming, highlighting, global coloring, permanent straightening etc. kindly use the products mentioned by the hair stylist.**
- After getting above treatments done do not go for swimming, beaches, use soft water for hair wash, water should be Luke warm only(for even untreated hair).
- Drink plenty of water, because it helps in retaining moisture
- You can wash your hair daily but you have to use mild shampoo with pH not more than 5.5.**
- Trim your hair regularly once in 3-4 months
- Switch hair products so that your hair doesn’t get used to same one.
- Use satin pillow covers for reducing friction in hair.
- Eat vitamin B rich foods.
- Shampoos can be harsh when you apply them directly to your scalp, so you need to dilute them with water and then use it on the wet scalp.*
- Use vitamin E capsules oil and apply to scalp and massage for atleast 10 minutes.
***All the products mentioned above are used by me, and I had no side effects after using them.
***Pregnant ladies and heart attack patients consult your dermatologists before using these products.
***Even after using these products and methods if you still find dandruff, hair fall, damage then you must visit a dermatologist or trichologist.
*** Most of the products can be found out of India except patanjali aloevera gel, nyassa jojoba oil and Aloe veda castor oil. These products can be found easily in other brands though out the world.
Disclaimer: This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this blog unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this blog, please E-mail to “email@example.com“ with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed. Thank you.